Here are some links to some other pieces I’ve written recently:
- A slave ship found off the coast of South Africa has artifacts that will come to the Smithsonian’s new National Museum of African American History and Culture next year.
- A National Symphony Orchestra violist plays once a year plays an instrument made by her grandfather, who made his first instrument while in a German World War II prison camp.
- An interview with the guitarist from the band The Decemberists.
- A review of the play “The Shipment” at Forum Theatre in Silver Spring.
- Songs you didn’t think were about Vietnam, from an exhibit at the Newseum.
- The first U.S. exhibit by artist Yasou Kuniyoshi in the U.S. in 25 at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art.
- Behind the big new IMAX screen in Chantilly.
- Exhibit of Vanessa Bell’s Bloomsbury book cover designs at the national Museum for Women in the Arts.