Here are some other thins I’ve written recently:
- An interview with the band Twenty One Pilots for The Washington Post.
- A piece about the time when Wynton Marsalis played a Louis Armstrong horn, for Smithsonian Magazine.com.
- A performance review of an adaptation from Joyce’s “Finnegan’s Wake,” “riverrun” by Olwen Fouéré.
- A thing about the Martin Puryear exhibition at the Smithsonian American Art Museum, for the Washington Post.
- A Q&A with longtime rocker rocker Chris Isaak for the Washington Post.
- A review that tries to figure out whether a new production “Happy Hour” is really a theatrical experience or a group video game.
- Checking in with Sweet Honey in the Rock, for The Washington Post.
- The debut of a rocking’ track by the Bangups, and remembering the work of Eggs Over Easy — both for the Vinyl District.