Other Things I’ve Written Lately
- Taking the temperature of the electorate in an interview with Lewis Black for The Washington Post.
- Determining what a Mark Rothko painting has in common with a Ming Dynasty dish, in a piece for the Smithsonian Magazine.com.
- A chat with Kevin Haskins, who is putting together a book bout his days in the band Bauhaus, for Vinyl District.
- Dancer, actress, choreographer and writer Debbie Allen talks about her musical “Freeze Frame.. Stop the Madness” that she brought to the Kennedy Center, for the Post.
- A look at the first U.S. survey of Icelandic performance artist Ragnar Kjartansson, with comments by the artist, for Smithsonian Magazine.com.
- A Q&A with jazz trumpeter and composer Terrence Blanchard about his topical “Breathless” project, for the Post.
- A story about Rod Lurie, director of the recent National Geographic TV movie “Killing Reagan” for the Hartford Courant.
- The artistic director of the Dance Theatre of Harlem discusses her D.C. beginnings among other things, in a piece for the Post.
- Ken Stringfellow of the Posies addresses the new form of the band and its tour, for Vinyl District, and talks even more about his time in other bands, Big Star and R.E.M. for Songfacts.
- Introducing new music from the Sires and Nadia Washington for Vinyl District.
This entry was posted in Other Writing
. Bookmark the permalink
. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.