Other Things I’ve Written Lately
- An interview with Maxwell for The Washington Post about his music and the influence of Prince.
- A survey of an exhibit at the National Museum of the American Indian by photographer Horace Poolaw, for Smithsonian Magazine.
- Talking to Darlene Love about Christmas and comebacks, for the Post.
- Enumerating the opening of the new MGM National Harbor casino, near Washington.
- Pinpointing the origin points of the blues, in conjunction with a festival at Strathmore, for the Post.
- Checking out the new retrospective of Bill Viola’s video art in D.C., with the artist.
- A thing about a new exhibit of National Geographic’s most popular Instagram photos at the institution’s D.C. museum.
- Chatting with Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits for the Washington Post, and even more for Songfacts.
- Some things about Diana Ross, who was on her way to Kennedy Center for a performance with the National Symphony Orchestra.
- Getting the line on Gene Davis, dean of the Washington School, subject of a new survey at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Listing facts about the Grinch, before the musical about the fictional character hits town.
- Celebrating the winners of the first African Art Awards at the Smithsonian’s Museum of African Art.
- Interviewing Tom Jones even more about his career for Songfacts.
- Reviewing the In Series production of Enrique Granados’ “Goyescas” at GALA Hispanic Theatre.
- Looking at a new Isamu Noguchi exhibit, here amid his sculptures are his patents for furnishing designs that continue to be popular.
- Attending Momentum Dance Theatre’s Hip Hop Nutcracker.
- Checking out new music from Minor Moon for District Vinyl.
- Heralding the coming of what will be a massively popular exhibit, with a large pumpkin.
- Listing ten exhibits to see over the holidays in D.C.
This entry was posted in Other Writing
. Bookmark the permalink
. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.